The Right Course at the Right Time for LGBTQ+ Leaders
- Connect LGTBQ+ leaders and Allies with larger leadership community & build a robust network of support
- Develop leadership capacity of advocacy for self, others and community
By participating in Lead Together, you will:
- Get to know others who are passionate about making positive change in the community
- Meet emerging leaders from the greater Tulsa community that are working in towards equity and in the LGBTQ+ movement.
- Participate in leadership training with peers from across Tulsa and learn from their experiences
- Explore challenges and opportunities facing our community
- Receive mentoring and support
- Learn to build strong teams by leveraging people’s strengths
- Hone your skills in group communication
- Develop and execute a plan for your personal development as a leader
In order to live out a purpose of accelerating the careers and possibilities for LGBTQ+ Leaders in our city while developing a robust network of support we invite you to apply if you:
- LGBTQ Individuals & Allies who have exemplified leadership qualities in their professional environment and who are looking to expand their leadership skills.
- Live, work, or want to make positive change in Tulsa, especially in its underserved communities
- Want to grow your social network and have an interest in discovering new ways to collaborate to make positive change for the LGBTQ+ movement in Tulsa
- Have a commitment to positive community change and a heart for service.
Program Cost: $400 with scholarships available
“We see persistent gaps within leadership ranks that overlook the talents of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender, and queer or questioning individuals. The aim is to accelerate the careers and possibilities for qualified LGBTQ+ leaders by offering an exceptional learning environment and networking opportunities. We know there are a number of outstanding LGBTQ+ professionals and this is the only program of its kind in the State; its design speaks forcefully to the next generation of LGBTQ+ leaders who are highly motivated agents for change.” said Jose Vega, Program Director of Oklahomans for Equality.
“Leadership Tulsa is pleased to provide additional opportunities for leadership development in our community and we look forward to equipping LGBTQ+ leaders to build their influence, build a valuable network, and develop new models and mindsets for innovation using design thinking.” added Marcia-Bruno Todd, Leadership Tulsa Program Director. Participants will explore how their LGBTQ+ identity influences and strengthens their personal leadership style, while learning about LGBTQ+ history and the National Movement.
Lead with strength. Lead with impact. Our LGBTQ+ Leadership Program teaches you how to do both — authentically, effectively, and confidently. Over the course of four months, this six-session program will strengthen your influence, build a valuable network, develop new models and mindsets for innovation using design thinking and build a strong network of LGBTQ+ peers with whom you can share ideas and experiences.